The year 2020 will be a year we remember for many years to come, and it’s up to you to determine what kind of memories you create for yourself.
The Word NO is all We Have Heard!
- No going to school
- No graduations
- No celebrations
- No weddings
- No sports
- No traveling
- No flying
- No toilet paper
- No hand sanitizer
- No jobs
- No this and no that whatever it may be.
All of these NO’s, and so many more, with one huge NO as our focus:
And in the blink of an eye, it’s already July 2020. Collectively, we’ve all been waiting and wondering where we to go from here. Are we waiting to be told what to do, or can we be bold and create our own path?
Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
Have we entered into the Waiting Place in Dr. Seuss’s book, Oh the Places You’ll Go!?
“Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.”
I want to challenge you find your way out of the waiting place, and make this summer the one that changed everything, most importantly, YOU!
Let’s Change the No’s into YES’s!
- Yes, I want to understand what I’m doing with my life
- Yes, I want to know why I want to pursue my goals
- Yes, I want to be wise
- Yes, I want to understand money and be a rock star when it comes to managing my money
- Yes, I want to know how to master interviewing and landing my dream job
- Yes, I want Financial Aid explained to me in a way that I actually understand it
- Yes, I will invest 2 hours of my time to change my life.
I want to encourage you to embrace the gift of TIME. Lots of time is entangled in all the “No’s” of this season, and I can almost 100% guarantee that you will NEVER have this opportunity again.
Life and all the responsibilities that come with it make TIME as elusive as the “happiness” you are constantly seeking. So what if HOW you spend your time brings you the life-long happiness you continuously seek? What an amazing win/win, right?
I’m thinking that outside of the very sad and devastating losses experienced in 2020, there is also a silver lining. This is a rare opportunity to take a serious time-out. Think about where you are now and where you are going and why. PLEASE take this time to learn who you are, how you want to live, and what steps you need to take to achieve your goals.
Here’s Two Simple To-Do’s
- 1. Read Oh, the Places You’ll Go! Great simple inspiration and a fun reminder of how only you can create the magnificent life of your dreams!
- 2. Sign up for Life 101 and fill your toolbox with the wisdom you need to launch like a champion! Life101.com.